Administrators can log in here.
Member Login
Lost your password?

Songs By Michael Bennett

I am thankful for the spirit of God that dwells in my friend Michael Bennett. Mike was used by God to inspire a love for God’s music in my heart. He and his family opened my eyes to the fact that God can be experienced through music. Through the years he has written many songs and my hope that we can use this website to share them with you. They were created to praise God and we think that they will be a blessing to His people 

2 Responses to Songs By Michael Bennett

1. Marcia Napper on August 9, 2011 at 1:37 pm

(about the song Joy Will Come In The Morning)
    Mr. Napper,(hubby)
    Thank you for putting this song on the website. I thought it might be good to share with others a little more detail that led to the writing of it. (Remember, I’m a female and I like details).
    As you know I had been having again, some bouts with depression. All I could see was what I DIDN’T have. Our daughter had moved to New York to be with her husband and his family several years ago. My mom passed away over four years ago. Over a year ago our son and daughter-in-law moved to Texas and took our two precious granddaughters with them. I felt cheated because of all that I had lost.
    Not only did I feel short changed because of what I no longer had, I felt overworked with nothing to show for my toil.
    All I could see was more and more work that needed to be done: more people needed encouraging, more needed my physical services, more needed to hear the message of God’s redemption plan. Besides the work outside the home, I needed to work more on my music, singing, learning to make my meals more healthy. The list seemed to go on and on. It was just toooooo much. I was on overload. I was facing “burnout”.
    As you probably recall, I finally shared with you that I just didn’t have any joy. I functioned, but without fervor and passion, for the most part. But I did know help was available;I knew God could do something about it if I would commit this to Him. I remember you prayed for me at home.
    I also decided to humble myself and share my weakness and struggles with those at church whom I knew loved me. I went forward and asked for prayer. They gathered around me and I begin to pour out my heart before God in desperation, confession, and repentance, and the tears flowed. I felt God’s love envelope me and also I sensed such great love from you and from my caring church family.
    THEN GOD did something inside of me that I cannot explain, for Only He can change the human heart. He took my sorrows and grief, my losses and replaced within me a tiny seed of joy that is surely springing up. I haven’t yet “leaped for joy” but I certainly know that JOY DOES COME IN THE MORNING!
    God has opened my eyes so I can see more clearly that all is not lost. I can have joy despite my circumstances. My world has indeed changed but with it comes hope of new blessings and opportunities that will bring me much pleasure and joy unspeakable.
    I thank my God that He cares so much that He has made a way for US to open the door so that He might come in and take away our sins, our hurts, our pain, and our struggles. He is well able to carry them for us. He certainly is good all the time.
    As you posted on this site, Mike, our dear friend, wrote the words to “JOY Will Come In The Morning” in that same week that I had asked for prayer. I thank God for giving him that song. It truly ministers to me when I hear it. I hope many other people will have the opportunity to be blessed by it’s message. To God be the glory for great things He has done!
    In closing, thank you honey for working on this web site so that others hopefully can be blessed. You truly are “a good man”. Love you always, Marcia Jean

MJ

2. Michael Bennett on November 25, 2011 at 3:31 am

Thanks Pastor Lamon for posting this song, “I Can Do Nothing”. I greatly appreciate the love that everyone at Higher Encounters Ministries and shown to my wife and I. You have prayed with us, encouraged us, helped us and believed in us when we were having a hard time believing in ourselves. I will forever be grateful to you for opening the door and allowing us to work for the Lord as part of the Praise and Worship Team. This has been a great blessing to us and has given us the time to heal and to open our hearts to receive the inspiration and the anointing that we needed to began to make music for the Lord. Once again I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
    I would like to give a short testimony as to how this song came to be written. This song was given to me at a point in my life when I was facing a great time of testing. In 2002 my son was told that he a had cancer. I had been taught all my life to trust in God and believe on His Word and there was nothing that He could not do. My Faith was shaken greatly when I got this news from my son. I could not seem to come to the realization that this was happening and that there was nothing that I could do to stop it. I felt responsible for this coming on him. It had to be my fault so I thought I was the one who had to do something to fix it. But I couldn’t and I allowed it to bring me down. We watched as he endured the chemotherapy and radiation treatments. Thank God the treatments worked and the cancer was stopped. But one year later the cancer returned. This time he underwent a T-cell transplant that put him in the hospital for 30 days. He came through that and it worked. More radiation followed and thank God he is still cancer free today.
    Through all of this I had a great deal of trouble holding onto my faith in God. I have always been one who when confronted with a problem, I jumped in and fixed it. This was something that I could not fix and because of that I struggled with doubt and unbelief the entire time all of this was going on. In my mind I just could not understand why this was happening and why I was unable to do anything to stop it.
    At this time I had other problems that I was facing in my walk with God. I had reached a point in my life that I could not write any songs or music. I had begun to lose the desire to play and sing for God. In June of 2005 God began to move on my heart and I began to write the words to “I can Do Nothing”. I was able to put into words the feeling of being lost and unable to solve the problems that I was facing. But even after this there was still one obstacle that I could not seem to overcome. I had words but no music. I fought for months to come up with a melody but all I had was words the music just would not come. I finally just laid it aside and gave up.
    Thank God in October of 2010 God began to move in my wife’s life as well as mine. Through the leading of the Lord we began to fellowship here at Higher Encounters with Pastor Lamon and Marcia and Eva and Dick. It wasn’t long before we became a part of the Praise and Worship Team.
    It is truly amazing how God moves to bring all the pieces of the puzzle into place to bring out a beautiful picture. Shortly after this I began to feel the Spirit of the Lord stirring in my soul as He began bringing the music back into my life. As the music began to flow and the inspiration began to come back to my life God gave me the melody to the song that I had written way back in 2005. When I got into the place that God wanted me to be and I began to work for Him He put the music back into my heart.
    It is my prayer that this song will minister to the hearts and lives of those who are facing trying times and seem to be losing the ability to trust in the Lord. I want them to know that there is nothing impossible for God. All we have to do is pray, wait on the Lord, trust in the promises He has given us in His Word, and then stand and depend on His Word. If you can do this God will meet you and answer your prayer. May God richly bless each and everyone as you listen to this song “I Can Do Nothing”.
    Michael Bennett

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Church Happenings

Links